Here in this blog, users will get to various steps on how to Fix Printer Issues on Mac with appropriate solutions. Printers may come as an annoying device often and sometimes they just won’t work for what they’re supposed to. Well, it is also said that these devices are flaky to use sometimes. If users are facing Mac printer issues then here are few suggestions for what they can do to avoid these issues.
Tips for Fixing Mac Printer Problems
Step 1: Restart
• Users facing severe Mac device issues are advised to restart the device and not to put it into sleep mode.
• Pull out the printer’s power plug first. This is recommended if in case they are not sure whether the printer is actually “off” or is just in a low-power state.
• While working with a multi-user environment should make sure to perform a check with others before starting to pull power cords on shared devices.
Step 2: Delete the Printer and Then Re-Attach it
• If turning the printer on and off again didn’t resolve the issue then try to remove your printer from a given list of Mac’s connected devices.
• When opening the “System Preferences > Printers & Scanners” option, there will be list of printers and scanners on the left.
• Selection of the misbehaving printer and pressing a minus button which is situated just near the bottom will remove it from your list completely.
• One needs to re-add the printer based on its type, driver models and the way it is connected to the Mac or with the network. Proceed to next step for Fix Printer Issues on Mac accurately.
Step 3: Reset the Mac’s Printing System
• If users are working with multiple Macs in home or office and only one of them is encountered with printing issues then, it’s most likely that the issue is with your Mac device itself and not with the printer.
• To test and find out a possible remedy to this issue, one can reset their Mac’s printing system to completely wipe out all user’s printing data as well as its configuration info for computers without affecting any of the device.
• Next, open the “System Preferences > Printers & Scanners” option and right click on the white area which will appear on your left side. There will be a secret contextual menu appearing in the screen with a “question” option.
Step 4: Reset the Printer to Factory Defaults
• Here, in this step, one needs to erase all the configuration data on their printer and then restore it in same way when pulling it out of the box.
• Next, simply redo to its original setup and then add it to the Wi-Fi network if not connected via Ethernet or directly via USB.
• Users may also need to delete and then re-add the printer on all their Mac devices.
Why to Call Mac Customer Support for Fix Printer Issues on Mac
Call us 1-800-608-5461 at Mac Customer Support team for resolving your queries on prompt basis. We are available all day long to assist customers in resolving their issues by applying the best-in-class solution.